Are you finding yourself at home with more time on your hands? How about trying a new recipe! We made a video recipe of our favourite pasta sauce that shows how easy it is to make a nutritious meal at home with the use of cricket flour pasta.
Just add sauce protein is in the pasta!
This is why you will love this recipe. Most pasta recipes either take a long time to prep when you have to handle meat or they lack protein. This recipe is both very quick, you will be done in less than 10 minutes, and amazingly nutritious too. That’s because our cricket flour pasta is not just a side dish but a complete meal thanks to the 30 g of protein inside. If you want to know how we managed to produce such an amazing pasta, check out our previous article.
Cricket protein Fusilli with tomato sauce
This recipe yields two portions and each contains an amazing 35 g of protein, 63 g of carbs, 11 g of fat, 5 g of fibre, and 500 kcal of energy. Yes, that was not a mistake 35 g of high-quality protein without any meat or fish! It’s really tasty and keeps the hunger away for a long time. Enjoy!
- 200 g cricket protein pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- Parmesan shavings
- Basil leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan, add 1 or 2 crushed garlic cloves, then gently stir for 1 minute.
- Tip in 400 g chopped tomatoes, add salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, simmer uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To finish, tear a few basil leaves and stir them into the sauce.
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water with a little bit of olive oil for 4 minutes until al dente.
- Drain pasta and serve with tomato mixture. Season with basil leaves and parmesan shavings.
Get your cricket protein pasta right here!